To Our Valued OCCU Members:
We have made the very difficult decision to temporarily restrict branch services and public accessibility in order to reduce the far-reaching effects and impact of COVID-19. The health and welfare of our employees and members is our top priority. As a result, beginning Wednesday March 18th drive-thru windows (where available) will remain open.
Visit our Hours and Locations page for specific branch drive-thru availability and contact information to set up appointments for services that cannot be accomplished in drive-thru.
Visit the websites listed below for additional information concerning COVID-19:
Social Distancing Tools You Can Utilize with OCCU
- Digital Banking – Utilizing our Digital Banking platform allows you access to your accounts while maintaining social distancing during these trying times. From your mobile app or online banking you are able to:
- View Accounts – Manage all your OCCU accounts under one login from your personal devices
- Pay Bills – Send, schedule and review payments
- Transfer Money – Transfer between your OCCU accounts, loans, to other members & external accounts
- Deposit Checks – Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile device
- Card Management – Activate, block and unblock your cards from your device
- Additional Services – Check out our current rates, apply for a loan, reorder checks and more
- Notifications – Send alerts directly to your email or phone
- Statements – View account records in an instant and connect your Intuit products directly to your accounts
- ATMs – Find over 30,000 ATMs nationwide with the CULiance Network ATM Locator
- Night Drop Depositories – We will be checking the depositories regularly and posting throughout the day.
- Online Account Opening – Who can join? If you live, work, or attend school in the State of Washington, or are a close relative of a current member in good standing, you are eligible to join OCCU.
Emergency Support Products
We are committed to providing support for the communities we serve and understand the stress our neighbors, co-workers, businesses, loved ones and staff are facing. OCCU has adjusted and created specialized products to aid our members during this trying time:
- Emergency Support Loan – This loan is tailored to your specific needs with a rate as low as 4.00% APR1. Contact us today for details at 800-426-5657 or 360-426-9701.
- Skip-A-Payment – These may be the time where you need to free up some extra cash, you may skip a loan payment up to two times per calendar year. All skip-a-pay fees will be waived at this time. For additional details click here.
- Consolidation Loan – We are currently offering our 1% Cash Back2 promotion that allows you to consolidate your debt into one payment with one interest rate and receive 1% Cash Back of the total loan amount.
- VISA Credit Cards3– Our credit card program offers no cash advance fee, no annual fee and no balance transfer fee.
- Loan Modifications – We can explore changing the term of your current OCCU loan to better fit your situtation.
- 90 Day Interest Only Payments on Existing Loans
- New Loans Issued – 90 days until first payment due
- No Fee to Refinance an OCCU Consumer Loan
- Free Online and Over the Phone Loan Payments– Utilize our online loan payment option available on our home page to make payments to your loans with OCCU free of charge. You can also contact a credit union representative to make a payment by phone.
What can you do to be financially responsible and vigilant during this time?
CUNA released five steps consumers should take to exercise financial caution in the face of a global pandemic:
- Contact your financial institution: Credit unions from coast to coast are adjusting their operations to help stem the spread of coronavirus and protect members and employees. Make sure you’re up to date on the latest information on lobby closures, hours of operation, and drive-thru services and ATM access by contacting or visiting the website of your financial institution.
- Protect your data: Be vigilant about protecting your digital identity and personal data. If your credit union reaches out, they won’t ask for confidential information such as your name, password, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information. A recent report from NBC News notes that criminals are using COVID-19 as a basis for email attacks to snag personal information, steal money and infect computers with malware.
- Utilize online and mobile services: You can easily deposit a check using your mobile device or quickly and securely send money to others with digital payments. Using credit or debit cards for payments is especially important now when we all are being asked to practice social distancing. You can still meet most of your obligations without leaving your home, thanks to your credit union.
- Research local financial support: From Miami to Seattle, credit unions are extending low- and no-interest loans, offering fee-free loan deferrals, and finding other individualized solutions that help ensure those facing financial disruptions due to COVID-19 can keep the lights on, keep food on the table, and maintain a secure financial future once the country makes it through this public health emergency.
- Remember, your money is safest in a credit union: There are a lot of things to worry about these days, but the safety of your money in your credit union account aren’t one of them. Your money is safer in your insured credit union than it is in your pockets or under your mattress. There is no risk to keeping money in your credit union account, but there are countless risks to holding cash.
1. APR= Annual Percentage Rate. Ask for details. Conditions apply.
2. 1% cash back applies to any loan balances transferred from another financial institution over to OCCU. 1% cash back will be based on amount advanced at loan closing (example: $200 on a loan of $20,000). Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. This is a limited-time offer and could end at any time. Loans paid off within six months of funding will incur cash back reversal. Not applicable to Home Mortgage, Home Equity and Land loans. Cash back paid on refinanced balance only. 2. Interest begins accruing upon disbursal of loan. Deferred payments available upon approval. Offer may end at any time without notice. Rates are subject to change. FEDERALLY INSURED BY NCUA.
3. Click the link to view all VISA credit card details and disclosures.