You are eligible to join and enjoy our valuable benefits if you are:
- Anyone living, working or attending school in the state of Washington.
- An immediate family member of ANY MEMBER
A minimum deposit of $25 into a savings account is all it takes to become a member.
Applying for Membership
If you prefer to mail in your application, confirm your eligibility above and then download a PDF of our new account application and disclosures, fill it out completely, and mail it to Member Services along with the following items:
- Minimum opening deposit of $25 for membership fee.
- Photocopy of picture identification for each signer on the new account. One piece of photo ID (Driver's license or passport) is acceptable. Please use a photocopier that will allow you to enlarge the picture so that it is clear. If your identification does not show your current address, please enclose a copy of a utility bill or other document which lists the current address.
We ask for copies of your identification to deter someone from using your information to open an account in your name. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law [Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act] requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
Your completed application, photocopies of your picture identification and membership fee should be mailed to:
Our Community Credit Union
P.O. Box 1670
Shelton, WA 98584
If you have additional questions about membership or need help filling out the application call us at (800) 426-5657.
Of course, you are welcome to visit any of our branches to open your accounts in person.
Benefits of Membership
Our Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, full-service, financial alternative to a bank. One member's savings deposit is another member's loan. The more products you use, the more everyone benefits. At a bank it's the bank's stockholders and paid board of directors who profit from the bank's success, not the bank's customers.
As a member-owned financial cooperative, credit unions are not-for-profit. They function to serve their membership. As a result, credit unions are able to pay higher dividends on savings and charge lower interest rates on loans. After operating expenses and reserve requirements are met, the remaining income is returned to the members as dividends and other financial services. Moreover, the Credit Union Board of Directors is made up of unpaid volunteers. Directors are elected by the membership from among their own ranks.
Today, over 25,000 members throughout Washington State are able to share in the profits of Our Community Credit Union. We invite you to become one of those members today.
Join today to experience
- FREE Checking
- FREE VISA Debit Card
- FREE Online Bill Payer Service
- FREE Mobile Banking
- FREE 24-hour Telephone Banking
- FREE Direct Deposit and Payroll Deductions
- Unlimited In-Branch Visits
- Notary Service
- "Launch" Young Adult program
- Children Savings Club
- Higher savings rates and lower loan rates
- Lower fees
- Credit Protection
- And more...
Once you're a member, you're a member for life!